Yeah, I missed out on the roundup yesterday.
Shockingly, there was work to be done at le gran think tank, and I was the man to do it. But today? Not as productive, although I did rip the pants off the third season DVD of Curb Your Enthusiasm (weekend viewing all set).
So, without further ado. Ahem.
- Inbetween roll calls and votes, House and Senate members bathe in cash. See McDuck, Scrooge. [WaPo]
- Phew, just in time – hot dog evaluations. But since the guidelines didn’t permit condiments, they all should have scored zero. Can’t eat a dog without ketchup and mustard, man. [Off The Broiler]
- Special BoingBoing “Stupid CEO” Edition: Record execs are a touchy bunch, no? [BB] Related: NBC says that people stealing season five of Seinfeld probably a bigger problem than aggravated robbery. No, really. [BB]
- Q: How do you hug a man? A: It’s called a handshake, moron. [Pogue’s Posts]
- Give us this day, our daily literature: Teddy Wayne on his relationship’s customer service line. [McSweeney’s]
Update: While you’re looking at Wayne’s piece – McSweeney’s apparently has hit some financial trouble, and are having what one could only call a firesale at their online store. Go buy things. I highly recommend Nick Hornby’s essay collection Housekeeping vs The Dirt, as well as The Better of McSweeney’s first ten issues. Both under ten dollars. So, go.